Risk assessment resources for Portland area commercial properties
For commercial property owners, managers, or leaders, it’s important to dedicate strategic planning to preparedness for unforeseen events, to protect occupants and the property itself. As restoration professionals, SERVPRO of Northwest Portland understands how being prepared prior to property loss can make a difference in recovery.
If operating a commercial property or a small business, SERVPRO recommends working on Business Impact Analysis, which is a part of risk assessment. A business impact analysis (BIA) predicts the consequences of disruption of a business function and process and gathers information needed to develop recovery strategies. There are many possible scenarios which should be considered during this process!
To learn more about BIA reports and risk assessment, visit Ready.gov.
Whether you’re starting your risk assessment journey or just looking in to it, the following resources may be helpful.
Preparing for natural hazards:
- Earthquake Hazards information - United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- Landslide Hazards Program - USGS
- Volcano Hazards Program - USGS
- Protecting Workers from Heat Illness - Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Preparing for human-cause hazards:
- Survey your workplace for additional hazards - OSHA
- Workplace violence–issues in response - Federal Bureau of Investigation
Preparing for technological hazards:
- Risk Assessment Portal, EPA tools - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Computer security resource center - Special Publications, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Comper Security Division
- IT Security Essential Body of Knowledge, United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
If your commercial property does experience a loss, know that a quality restoration company is part of risk management. Our process is specially designed to minimize interruption to business, and our project managers are experienced in working with our property owners to find creative ways to keep them operating while we address the property damage in the building.
SERVPRO of Northwest Portland is the premier restoration company to handle commercial property damage, and we’re available at 503-283-3658 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.